The Hoornbeeck organ in the Nieuwe Lutherse Kerk in Amsterdam by Auke H. Vlagsmaby Auke H. Vlagsma | Het ORGEL | Year 114 | (2018) | Issue 4
In 1694 the Consistory of the Lutheran congregation in Amsterdam decided to have an organ built for its second church building at the Stroomarkt. After several plans were requested from Arp Schnitger, Cornelis Hoornbeeck, and others, the instrument was commissioned from Hoornbeeck in August of 1715. It was completed and tested in the fall of 1717. In 1721, Christiaan Müller augmented the organ with a third manual. The following year, the organ was destroyed in a fire.
Using the material that is preserved in archives, this article describes the origins of this instrument.