|Peter van Dijk||The König/Verschueren organ in the
Paterskirche at Kempen (Germany)
Het ORGEL 97 (2001), nr. 3, 13-16 [summary]
In 1752 Ludwig König built a two-manual organ in the Paterskirche at Kempen. In 1848 Joseph Koulen changed the instrument. In 1917 the front pipes were removed for the arms industry. In 1925 Weigle built a new instrument in the König case. The organ was dismantled in 1979.
Ute Gremmel-Geuchen initiated the reconstruction by Verschueren Orgelbouw (1996-2000). The original concept was enlarged; the organ has a pedal division now, situated behind the original case.
The organ is very versatile. Not only 18th-century music sounds well, but even Brahms, since the 8 stops can be combined. The Cornet and reeds make classical French organ music sound convincing as well.